- A Diversified Real Estate Acquisition & Development, Property Management and Retail Purchasing Organization based out of New York with three major lines of business viz. Real estate development, Property Management and Sourcing & business development.
- The customer manages 11 properties and 50 tenants at this division.
Business challenges & drivers
- Client required a sophisticated system for managing their Accounting and hence wanted to migrate from QuickBooks to Yardi
- Client wanted to migrate all the current open items into Yardi
- A team of 5 Consultants from SmartFin were involved in the engagement
- A Yardi Consultant was involved in implementation of Yardi, while SmartFin migrated a year’s legacy data from QuickBooks to Yardi
- AP and AR Transaction entries were posted on the Productive Yardi system as part of migration
- SmartFin analyzed the volume of data to be migrated and engaged optimum number of resources for transitioning the data into Yardi
- The overall Transition project was performed in 3 months and fully from Offshore resulting in huge savings for customer
- On the AP side all the open items from QuickBooks was obtained and posted to Yardi on a month on month basis for easier reconciliation.
- Based on the check register from QuickBooks, manual pay conversion was processed and completely reconciled
- Transitioned all AR receivables from QuickBooks to Yardi and compared the delinquency report in Yardi with that of QuickBooks to ensure accuracy
- Performed Bank Reconciliation in addition to monthly reconciliation to ensure AP & AR data was properly migrated